Ordinary People International
Providing, Caring, Loving
People Helping People to Transform Lives
Becoming an ‘essential’ organization during COVID-19
Since March of 2020 OPI has become an “essential” organization and has received numerous donations from various entities during our country’s disaster crisis. OPI donated the following items to local non-profit organizations, food pantries, individuals and families:
Feed the Children donated personal hygiene items (hand sanitizer, body wash, kids bubble bath, cocoa butter vaseline, adult diapers, and L’oreal Pure Sugar Facial Scrub. These items were valued at $77,179.00.
Apostolic Faith Church (Bishop Horace Smith, Pastor) has partnered with OPI to distribute food boxes to the community. To date, we distributed over 500 boxes.
OPI was one of 36 non-profit organizations selected to receive funding ($3,000) from The University of Chicago to provide care packages for 30 seniors.
Donations Now Available
- baby car seats
- play pens
- new children’s books ages 3 to 12
- high chairs and bassinets
All baby donations are NEW in box.
Another way to support OPI is to shop at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to OPI—no fees, no extra cost. Click on the “SUPPORT OPI WITH AMAZON SMILE” button, log into your amazon.com account, and search for Ordinary People International NFP and select to start supporting OPI with your Amazon purchases.
- Donations Now AvailableDonations Now Available: baby car seats, strollers, play pens, new children’s books ages 3 to 12, high chairs, and bassinets. All baby donations are NEW in box.… Continue reading Donations Now Available
- Chris Woods Feed Your City EventOrdinary People International was invited to partner with The Chris Woods Foundation to participate in a “FREE GROCERIES” event on October 17, 2020. Celebrities who financially supported this event… Continue reading Chris Woods Feed Your City Event
- Donation from StarbucksStarbucks donation of a total of 215 cases of Orange Defense Up Juice, Super Fruit Green Juice, Orange Juice and Siggi’s Yogurt valued at $2,786.00
- Christmas 2019 donation from Faith United Methodists ChurchChristmas 2019 donation of groceries from Faith United Methodists Church in Orland Park.
Ordinary People International Mission
The mission of Ordinary People International is to offer extensive services that enrich the quality of life for those in need and contribute to the health and vitality of the community by providing a community center with respect and compassion for each person’s value to society.
Ordinary People International Vision
Based on the rich traditions of the Jane Addams Hull House, where people had access to a myriad of services under one roof, OPI is a community-centric nonprofit organization that promotes the profoundly important and necessary benefits of intergenerational exchange as a vehicle to uplift and inspire the human spirit, especially among our inner-city youth.
Who We Are Now
Ordinary People International (OPI) is a 501c(3) non-profit organization located on the Southside of Chicago and formed in 2007 to provide unique, meaningful programs and activities to under-served and under-privileged persons of all ages. OPI caters to children 8-12, high school/college students, young adults and seniors.
We currently operate from a church building (Sanctuary of Prayer Church) located at 851 West 103rd Street in Chicago, Illinois. We have outgrown our space due to the volume of donations we receive.
Our Intergenerational (IG-5) programmatic vision was altered due to the economic downturn. With a record number of community centers closings, families losing homes, and the unemployment rate increasing, we continue to find creative ways to receive a wide range of free donations to distribute to our communities. Donations are critical to the community and help those in need avoid purchasing necessities for sustainibility. We continue to increase our in-kind donor base to include high end products and goods. We are proud to see that our donations brings joy and gratitude to the people and communities we serve.
Ordinary People International Faith-Based Partners
The following faith-based partners receive and distribute donations from Ordinary People International:
- All Nations Temple of Deliverance
- Apostolic Faith Church
- Colony All Nations Church
- God’s House of All Nations Church
- Faith United Methodist Church in Orland Park
- King of Glory Church
- Orland Park Christian Reformed Church
- Park Community Church
- Sanctuary of Prayer Church
OPI thanks our donors for their ongoing generosity and support!
Faith United Methodist Church of Orland Park
Endowment Fund Grant of $5,000 toward the purchase of a cargo van
Orland Park Kiwanis Club
Search the Ordinary People International website and archives.